Thursday, January 12, 2012

friendship

I worked with a girl during the summer of 2007 that I have great admiration for. We definitely got along quickly upon meeting but I never knew if we'd stay in touch since we lived a few states apart. It's worked out that each year I have driven through her city so we've been able to catch up over the past few years. I had dinner with her last night and each time I leave her company I am amazed at how refreshed I feel. As I continued my travel I contemplated what makes her so charming to me. First, she's comfortable in her own skin. Secondly, she has a wonderful sense of humor followed by exceptional taste (this combo immediately makes a person shine). Thirdly, she ascribes for more than normality.

All these elements combined make her a special person in my world. Her presence makes me smile because I am reminded people are influencing the world in a direction that is wholesome and right. She promotes things around her that I believe Jesus did. I am grateful to have such a friend. Though I only see her a couple of times a year, I always cherish our moments together because they encourage me to be vulnerable, take risk and ascribe to higher standard.
I desire to be such a friend, one that a person feels completely comfortable with yet very challenged by.


There are friends who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24


No comments:

Post a Comment