Sunday, April 22, 2012

forward motion

It may sound a bit sad but I've been thinking about an old Relient K song,  Forward Motion...

I struggle with forward motion
we all struggle with forward motion
cause forward motion is harder than it sounds
well everytime I gain some ground
I gotta turn myself around again.

I feel like I relate to this song often. I dream big and enjoy developing ideas of ways to improve, create and grow but I often get discouraged and overwhelmed at the smallest bumps in the road. I feel challenged to have faith to believe that ideas can come to life when all odds are working against the goal. The interesting, and comforting truth is if the dream is part of God's vision, nothing can interfere with it being brought into fruition. I think what we should seek is what God desires and hopes for. When we become in tune with this and His work we can be sure that what we are doing will prevail even when all odds are working against us. I hope to know this truth more and more. The more I am involved with God's work, the more I can be confident that I am only an instrument, powerless, yet powerful because I am a vessel for one greater than me, greater than circumstances and obstacles that arise. It sets my sights beyond limitations and allows me to believe in the hope He has so faithfully provided each of us.

We all will struggle with forward motion when it is being fueled by measly will power or our own ideas. When it is fueled by a vision or truth of God's we won't become hopeless when an obstacle enters our journey because we are joining in His work which is fueled by His unfailing love, not our own stamina.

I am encouraged by this, and hope to spend more time seeking His desires for my life and work rather than my own. Joining in His work rather than fabricating our own is the greatest place one can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment